Technical and Quality Assurance Manager (FMCG)
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Technical & Quality Assurance Manager (FMCG)
Offering relocation Support
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical / Quality Manager to join a growing and unique food manufacturing business that supply M&S and other customers with a range of natural organic products into the UK marketplace.
This is a fantastic time to join the business, as we are experiencing a period of growth with our largest customer and have plans to develop and create a new bespoke factory / manufacturing unit in 2023, in which you would play an influential role.
In this influential role, you'll use your leadership skills, vision and drive to take overall responsibility for the technical function. You'll ensure all prepared and finished products are produced in line with quality, safety and legislation requirements as well as customer expectations. You will develop and implement the Quality Management Systems whilst continually reviewing processes, control points and KPI information to monitor team performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives across the site. You will also manage customer and third-party audits, making improvements and ensuring site accreditation is maintained e.g. Organic certification.
Working closely with operations, you'll ensure the smooth day to day running of the factory, guaranteeing non-conformances and food safety risks are resolved quickly, effectively and with integrity. In addition, you'll be actively involved in the site's continuous improvement process, challenging processes where necessary and working proactively with customers to develop strong working relationships.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for all technical matters relating to customers' requirements
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement to help raise factory standards
- Ensure delivery of quality products in compliance with agreed specifications
- Ownership of site Quality Management System ensuring is fit for purpose, up-to-date, maintained and incorporates customer (including M&S) requirements
- HACCP Team leader and work closely with the Factory Manger to develop / update HACCP plan
- Maintain and update product specifications and documentation
- Ensure our extraction and production records are updated and maintained
- Encourage best practise within the factory environment on ensuring quality standards are maintained and lead training
- Conduct internal audits, identify areas of concern and present action plans
- Manage and monitor due diligence and auditing processes & support Factor Manager with customer audit requirements
- Consult with advisory bodies and customers to provide technical advice to the business on trading issues, product composition and labelling etc.
- Manage relationships and regulatory requirements with 3rd party providers (Soil Association etc.)
- Own QA programme by managing external lab partners ensuring products are safe and legal
- Send samples and complete supporting paperwork; analyse data and make recommendations
- Lead and manage product crisis management and mitigate and risks before they occur
- Measure technical and production KPI's against set criteria and business objectives
- Participate in the development of new and existing products
- Have input regarding the design and build of the new factory unit
- This role would suit an ambitious and talented Quality or technical Manager with experience of working for a food manufacturer.
- Liaison with major multiples and M&S would be an advantage
- Qualified Food Technician Bsc/Btech or similar
- A Food Manufacturing background is essential
- Experienced in implementing and managing a technical framework
- A team player who can also work independently
- Solid planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail
Opportunity to join a company producing high quality products that are sold to high end retail. Applications are welcome from West Wales candidates as well as those keen to relocate to this beautiful area offering a superb lifestyle and affordability.
Benefits include 28 days holiday, Pension and relocation support if required.
For more information please contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.