Up to £30000 per annum
My client has a long standing association with several major packaged gas companies, including the likes of Linde Group who are a major world class player in industrial and specialist gases. A position has become available for an in-house Vehicle Technician/ Plant Fitter. The successful candidate will carry out diagnosis, repairs, maintenance, and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification on a variety of plant machinery and HGV vehicles. Hours are Monday to Friday 7:30AM - 04:00PM, overtime weekend work will also be available.
The role would Include the following:
- Complete servicing of all vehicles and plant machinery to the diagnosing of faults
- Recognising and reporting vehicle/component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- Dismantling and reassembling of equipment using technical manuals
- Provide preventative maintenance to avoid potential avoidable breakdowns
- To carry out a 6 weekly inspection schedule in line with VOSA guidelines and ensure that defects are completed in a timely cost-effective manner
The successful applicant will have the following experience and qualifications
- Ability to work well by yourself and within a team
- Posses appropriate City and Guilds or NVQ Motor Vehicle certificate Level 3
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a fully trained mechanic
- Full UK driving licence and forklift truck counterbalance licence
- HGV licence would be beneficial
- You must have experience working on both vehicles and plant machinery, and come from a mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical repair background.
What my client offers:
Feel appreciated, my client aims to ensure all employees are treated as equals. The opportunity to engage with like minded people who aim to work hard to the best of their ability. My client works towards a healthy and positive working environment.
Please reach out to Sarah at Work Wales for more information on this vacancy.