Quality Assurance Assistant
Up to £9.9 per annum
Work Wales are excited to be working with a large local food manufacturer, to offer an opportunity to join their team as a Quality Assurance Assistant.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Assistant
Hours - 6:00am - 3:00pm Mon - Fri
To support on implementing and maintaining the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, customer specific expectations and any other legal requirements placed upon the factory in order to produce safe and legal food products.
To be responsible for ensuring that the products produced adhere to the company quality standard. Specific duties include overseeing the entire production process, looking out for specific problems, positive release of equipment, assisting in implementation of quality control programs.
- Supervise the day-to-day quality function of the business alongside Production QC Operatives.
- To maintain all aspects of the Quality Management System as set by the Technical Manager.
- To continually improve standards, monitor hygiene, quality and food safety issues on a daily basis.
- Investigation of customer complaints and investigation of supplier complaints.
- Record and manage daily incidents and strive to minimise reoccurrence by the correct implementation of HACCP, GMP and hygiene.
- Conduct and monitor GMP in the factory and report any non-conformances.
- Carry out glass brittle audits as necessary.
- Carry out hygiene audits as necessary.
- Undertake calibration of key equipment/machines.
- Carry out Traceability audits as per schedule and report to Technical Manager.
- Making sure the Traceability is maintained throughout the business.
- Allergen control on site.
- Undertake ATP/allergen swabbing to positively release equipment.
- Undertake product sample submissions for the laboratory and with the Technical Manager's support, interpret results, maintaining the sampling matrix for reporting to Technical Manager.
- Undertake product sampling from raw materials and finished product for testing in the onsite laboratory PV/FFA and Water Activity Testing with the Technical Manager's support, interpret results and reporting of results to Technical Manager.
- Assist with customer visits and third-party audits.
- Ensure all quality paperwork is completed in full and 100% accurate.
- To promote the management of CCP's within all members of the production team and the undertaking of any other reasonable function to ensure that safe and legal food products are manufactured by the company.
For further information please contact Matt on 01792 477340 or email