£40000 - £60000 per annum + Plus Bonus
£40000 - £60000 PA Plus Bonus
This family owned business is a major honey producer providing major retailers with single farm honey products as well as specialist varieties of honey and beeswax used by the industrial sector. The honey is harvested from their apiaries on 100 farms throughout the UK and other varieties are imported for packing at their Aberystwyth based facility.
The Company prides itself on its ethical ethos and credentials, promoting stainable agricultural practices which nurture biodiversity, in a fair trade and organic environment. Their business model ensures that these ethics can be adhered to at the same time as achieving good levels of profitability. They pride themselves on creating a responsible and caring company culture.
The company operate as a true 'team' with each employee focused on achieving the organisations goals and objectives. This makes for a collaborative environment where everyone will 'roll their sleeves up' to get the job done.
Currently in a major growth phase the company now require a General Manager to add value to this unique organisation.
The General Manager will manage the company's day to day business activities and in conjunction with the Managing Director / Founder develop and implement effective business strategies and programmes.
The role is very 'hands-on' requiring attention to all facets of the business on an ongoing basis.
Duties will include:
- Managing daily business operations to deliver company forecasts and budgets
- Analysing KPI's, operational, sales, stock and financial data and reporting to MD
- Identifying and implementing business and process improvement programmes
- Overall manufacturing and logistics management
- Responsibility for successful achievement of all external audits and maintenance of accreditation
- Managing stock of raw materials, production planning
- Focus on improving the Sustainable nature of the business
- Researching, identifying and recommending growth opportunities
- Managing development projects within agreed budgets and timeframes
- Ensure employees are motivated and productive
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees, managers and staff
- Ensure compliance with all current and future HACCP, workplace and health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to ongoing challenges i.e. rapid expansion of production, building a new and effective management team, lack of warehouse space
- Responsible for sales activity outside of the top three accounts
- Creating and managing budgets and expenses in conjunction with the Managing Director
The successful applicant will require the following qualifications, skills, experience and attributes:
- Share the ethical ethos of the organisation and be passionate about working for company supporting Fair Trade, sustainability and producing organic products
- Previous relevant work experience in retail FMCG - this could be from a product supplier or retail brand head office environment
- Proven experience in a leadership role as well as being a true team player
- Business qualification preferred, MBA or similar
- Understanding of manufacturing and logistics
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of marketing and brand building activities
- Understanding of audit and Quality Control processes including BRC and SALSA accreditation
- Proactive, flexible, cost and quality conscious
This is a rare opportunity to join a unique organisation at a senior level. The position will offer exciting challenges as well as many rewards. A solid package is on offer including a performance related bonus.
Applications are welcome from those currently in West Wales as well as those keen to relocate to this beautiful part of the UK offering a superb lifestyle and affordability.
For more information please contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.