£23000 - £30000 per annum + negotiable
Join one of Llanelli's leading firm of solicitors who are currently in a growth phase and looking for top local talent to join their organisation.
This position would suit either a recently qualified solicitor looking for their first permanent role or an experienced Family Solicitor looking for a new challenge.
The role will encompass all aspects of family law including:
- Divorce, Ancillaries, Child Care Proceedings, Child Arrangements, Domestic Violence and Non Molestations.
- The role is varied, challenging, can be stressful at times, fast moving but interesting and rewarding
- Experienced candidates are welcome to apply
- The Practice has a large Legally Aided case load of clients as well as private paying clients
- You will be walking into a ready made case load but will be expected to forge your own connections and clients in due course
- The ability to deal with clients face to face and exceptional communication skills
- The ability to empathise with the client whilst remaining professional at all times
- Be able to cope with emotionally taxing situations
- Be capable of developing relationships and assisting people
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills
- An understanding and experience of litigation and other dispute resolution methods
- The ability to explain the Legal process to clients who may be challenged and/or have little legal knowledge of how proceedings work
- The ability to work with people of all ages and walks of life including children and the elderly
- Knowledge of Legal Aid funding an advantage but not essential
- Experience of working on a Case Management system an advantage but training will be given
Opportunities for newly qualified solicitors are few and far between. It also offers the chance to join a leading practice who are offering a solid package. Applications from experienced Family Lawyers are also welcome and in which case the package would be negotiable depending on experience.
For more information contact Kim Simpson a Work Wales for a confidential discussion.