Technical and Quality Assurance Manager
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Technical & Quality Assurance Manager (FMCG)
This family owned business is a major honey producer providing major retailers with single farm honey products as well as specialist varieties of honey and beeswax used by the industrial sector. The honey is harvested from their apiaries on 100 farms throughout the UK and other varieties are imported for packing at their Aberystwyth based facility.
The Company prides itself on its ethical ethos and credentials, promoting sustainable agricultural practices which nurture biodiversity, in a fair trade and organic environment. Their business model ensures that these ethics can be adhered to at the same time as achieving good levels of profitability. They pride themselves on creating a responsible and caring company culture.
Due to a major growth phase a dedicated Technical and Quality Assurance Manager is required.
The successful applicant could be employed as a permanent employee or an independent contractor as preferred by the applicant. Duties and responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for all technical matters relating to our customers' requirements
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement to help raise factory standards
- Ensure delivery of quality products in compliance with agreed specifications
- Ownership of site Quality Management System ensuring is fit for purpose, up-to-date, maintained and incorporates customer (including M&S) requirements
- Work closely with the Factory Manger to develop and update our HACCP plan
- Maintain and update product specifications and documentation
- Ensure our extraction and production records are updated and maintained
- Encourage best practise within the factory environment on ensuring quality standards are maintained and lead training
- Conduct internal audits, identify areas of concern and present action plans
- Manage and monitor due diligence and auditing processes & support Factor Manager with customer audit requirements
- Consult with advisory bodies and customers to provide technical advice to the business on trading issues, product composition and labelling etc.
- Manage relationships and regulatory requirements with 3rd party providers (Soil Association etc.)
- Own QA programme by managing external lab partners ensuring products are safe and legal
- Send samples and complete supporting paperwork; analyse data and make recommendations
- Lead and manage product crisis management and mitigate and risks before they occur
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Qualified Food Technician Bsc/Btech or similar
- A Food Manufacturing background is essential
- Experienced in implementing and managing a technical framework
- A team player who can also work independently
- Solid planning and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
Opportunity to join a company producing high quality products that are sold to high end retail. Applications are welcome from West Wales candidates as well as those keen to relocate to this beautiful area offering a superb lifestyle and affordability.
For more information please contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.