Maintenance Technician / Manager
£28000 - £38000 per annum + Shift Allowance and Top Benefits on offer
Senior Maintenance Engineer / Manager
£28000 - £38000 Plus shift allowance
This Swansea based Manufacturing organisation produce high quality bespoke products for a well established client base. Their product range is innovative and progressive with the full process from design to delivery handled in-house. They have an impressive quality management system in place and a 90 strong workforce on site in Swansea.
We are looking for either a Senior Maintenance Engineer or a Maintenance Manger who would also work in a hands-on capacity.
The position has a mechanical bias although some electrical ability is required.
You will work a 2 shift system, Week 1: 06:00AM - 02:00PM, Week 2: 02:00PM - 11:00PM (Monday-Thursday) and 02:00PM - 05:30PM (Friday). No weekend work required.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Organisation and operation of the companies preventative maintenance programme for machines, equipment, facilities and services
- Proactively reviewing planned maintenance schedules to ensure best value add for the business with Health & Safety, Quality & Productivity in mind
- Attending to all plant and machinery breakdowns minimising production downtime
- Manage machines, equipment & facilities work as scheduled via 'Workmate'
- Manage spare part stock and organise purchase of replacement parts as required
- Arranging subcontract activities, ensure all inspections are completed and supporting documents are filed
- Ensuring facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- The signing off of press guards as required
- Manage the condition/housekeeping of external buildings and surroundings
- Ensure all company Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the company through continuous improvement
- Present information on maintenance performance to management when required in order for effective decision making on resourcing & work priorities to be made
The level of responsibility will be greater if a Maintenance Manager is successful in securing the role.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Mechanical or Electrical qualification essential
- Ability to work both on mechanical and electrical (mechanical bias)
- Working knowledge of CNC's and hydraulics
- Previous experience with hydraulic presses and robotic welders (preferred)
- Solid fault finding and troubleshooting skills and Computer PC literate
- Good multi tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills and a Team player
- Able to organise and prioritise
- Strives for continuous improvement
This is a great opportunity to join a well establish thriving organisation. The role is diverse and varied and can be adjusted to meet your level of experience and level of responsibility required. The facilities are modern and well appointed. The salary band on offer is wide to include both senior engineers and managers alike. In addition to this is a 10% shift allowance, 25 days leave, company pension, annual performance related salary reviews, free car parking and uniform as well as an employee assistance programme.
For more information please contact Kim Simpson of Work Wales for a confidential discussion.