Production Supervisor (Deputy to Works Manager) in Neath
- Sector: Manufacturing and Production
- Location: Neath
- Salary: Up to £22425 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Based in a busy production environment you will be responsible for all aspects of production. The role is days only (no shifts) working a 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday. It is a senior supervisors role as you would also be 2IC to the Works Manager.
Duties will include:
- Supervision of a team of production operatives
- Daily and weekly work allocation
- Running weekly Toolbox Talks.
- Timekeeping, attendance, holiday rota control for your team
- Health and Safety control including PPE, fire checks, annual PAT testing, attend meetings etc.
- Develop machine maintenance checks
- Maintenance of Accident Register
- Operative training as required
- Day to day stock control and purchasing
- Assist with cost engineering projects as and when required
- Maintain KanBan system
- Assist in reducing material costs
- Carry out where applicable tool and machine inspections and record results when required
- Ensure that all output requirements are met on a daily basis.
- To ensure Production Operatives work to the quality standards and all work is compliant
- Ensure appropriate materials are available for production
- Stand in for the Works Manager as and when required
The successful applicant will need the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Proven ability to supervise a team within a production environment
- Extensive production knowledge and experience
- Previous HSE experience
- Solid stock control and Kanban experience
- Ability to mentor and train staff
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a senior production role that does not require shift work. Permanent position with a solid hourly rate and paid overtime when required. For more information contact Kim at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.