Shift Manager in Ammanford
- Sector: Automotive
- Location: Ammanford
- Salary: Up to £29272.00 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Excellent opportunity to work for an Internationally renown organisation in the Automotive Manufacturing sector. This growing company design and manufacture various engineered components and products which are sold internationally to OEM and Tier 1 automotive companies.
The company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity and always seek like minded employees.
You will report to the Manufacturing Manager and will be at the forefront of manufacturing, tasked with supervising the production team with merging on a 3 shift pattern, adhering to KPI's and generally managing the growth of the business as it expands further.
Current shifts are 6-2, 2-10, 10-6 but flexibility on shift patterns is required.
Duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for Health &Safety of personnel and process discipline
- Supervising 3/4Team Leaders who lead production operations on shifts to ensure timely completion of product runs to customers and assembly departments
- Maintaining Quality processes
- Reduction of Waste
- Maintaining OEE and production targets within manufacturing area
- Implementing 5S and lean manufacturing plans
- Motivating and leading team of up to 100 operators across the manufacturing area
The successful applicant will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Solid experience in a supervisory role from a manufacturing environment
- Automotive or High-Volume background preferred
- A candidate with an enthusiastic approach to their daily activities
- Exceptional people management skills to lead the site / shift
- Previous experience with HSE protocols
- Good understanding of production and resource planning
- Disciplined, process driven and results orientated
- Great team building, motivational and staff development skills
- Strong Communication skills
- A "Can do" attitude
- Solution focused with an eye for detail
- Experience of working in a unionized environment would be an advantage