Trainee Service Advisor in Swansea
- Sector: Automotive
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: Up to £8.72 per hour
- Type: Permanent
Service Advisor - Trainee
This franchised dealership represent a premium automotive brand. They sell new and used vehicles, provide service and repair facilities dedicated to their brand, as well as providing original parts. They are part of a well established group providing security and a solid reputation.
This is a key role within the vehicle service department providing liaison between customers and the technicians working on the vehicles. The position is customer facing, busy, often pressurised but an excellent opportunity to be representing an iconic brand. Duties will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to all visitors and during telephone enquiries
- Booking vehicles in for service and repair
- Receiving cars from customers and noting areas requiring work / inspection
- Constant liaison with the workshop to ensure vehicles are completed on time
- Advising customers of progress on their vehicles throughout the day
- Providing costings and obtaining permission for an additional work required
- Handing vehicles to customers and explaining work carried out
- Receiving payment
- Handling incoming service related enquiries
- Working on the in-house computer system to record all bookings and work carried out
Although this is a trainee role, the successful applicant will still need extensive customer service experience. The training provided will be to transfer these skills to the automotive environment.
Applicants should have the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Proven experience in a customer service role
- Customer facing experience preferred
- A genuine interest in the automotive sector
- Able to work at a fast pace in a pressurised environment
- Computer literate
- Comfortable explaining complex details to customers
- Good attention to detail
- Previous customer service training / qualification preferred
- Resilient and confident
- A quick and effective learner
Excellent opportunity to join an iconic brand.
You will be trained into a full Automotive Service Advisor role whilst still earning a good salary.
Long term growth within your role, the dealership as well as the wider group is on offer for the right applicant.
For more information contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.