Accountant Part-time in Swansea
- Sector: Accountancy
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £14000 - £28000 per annum + Pro Rata
- Type: Permanent
ACCOUNTANT - Part Time
£24k - £28k (Pro Rata)
Opportunity to work for a Swansea based engineering company who is looking for a sole charge accounts person to look after all aspects of accounting.
The position is a part time role working approximately 20 hours per week.
Although you would initially need to work in their Swansea based office whilst being trained, the role could be conducted mainly from home if this is desired by the successful applicant.
Hours and days of work are also negotiable.
This role really offers total flexibility to fit in with your lifestyle- a rare opportunity!
The role encompasses the whole accounts function from basic admin duties through to books to balance sheet, budgets and reporting. You will be using a software package called Diamond - crossover training from other packages is available.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing sorting and posting financial documents, invoices, bills, accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Financial reports
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses and posting daily receipts
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying bank deposits, balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the management team with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- Pursuing debtors and ensuring all payments are collected on time
The successful applicant should have the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or Related Field (preferred but not essential)
- Experienced in handling the full accounts function for an organisation through to balance sheet
- Solid computer skills using MS Office and accounting software (Diamond an advantage)
- Payroll experience and strong bookkeeping skills
- Good understanding of budgetary Principals
- A well organised detail orientated person
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work independently
This is a rare opportunity to secure a role that can be moulded around your personal requirements.
Your 20 working hours are flexible and you can choose if you would like to be based permanently at the office or work partially from home. Excellent salary on offer.
For more information contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion