Quality Assurance Assistant in Swansea
- Sector: FMCG
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: Up to £9 per hour
- Type: Permanent
My client based in West Swansea are looking for a Quality Assurance Assistant to join their growing team to start as soon as possible.
The purpose of this role is to support the Technical Manager/Technical Administrator in the implementation and maintenance of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety. You will also be responsible for other customer specific expectations and any other legal requirements placed upon the factory in order to produce safe and legal food products.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the products produced adhere to the company quality standard.
Specific duties include overseeing the entire production process, looking out for specific problems, assisting in implementation of quality control programs.
As part of the day to day duties of this role you will:
- Supervise the day to day quality function of the business.
- Maintain all aspects of the Quality Management System.
- Continually improve standards, monitor hygiene, quality and food safety issues on a daily basis.
- Investigate customer complaints and investigation of supplier complaints.
- Record and manage daily incidents and strive to minimise reoccurrence by the correct implementation of HACCP, GMP and hygiene.
- Conduct and monitor GMP in the factory and report any non-conformances to Technical Manager.
- Carry out hygiene audits.
- Undertake calibration of key equipment/machines.
- Carry out Traceability audits as per schedule and report to Technical Manager
- Undertake product sample submissions
- interpret results, maintaining the sampling matrix for reporting to Technical Manager.
- Undertake product sampling from raw materials and finished product for testing in the onsite laboratory
- Assist with customer visits and third-party audits.
This role is a PERMANENT opportunity with a growing and successful company.
The role is Monday - Friday with working hours between 6am-3pm paying £9ph
If you have the required skills and experience and are interested in the role then please APPLY NOW.