Health and Safety Manager in Swansea
- Sector: Health and Safety
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £27000 - £33000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
My client based in Swansea are currently looking for an experienced Health, Safety and Facilities Manager to join them on a PERMANENT basis for an IMMEDIATE start.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a reputable and established business on a permanent full-time basis.
Within this role you will be responsible for implementation, supervision and maintenance of H&S systems and documentation ensuring, on a day to day basis, that the system is adhered to and that up to date documentation is in place to cover all operations affecting site safety.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
Prepare plan for ensuring Risk assessments carried out PUWER/ LOLER/ PSSR
- Ensure policies and procedures for safe working in place, monitor near misses/ incidents and assist in investigating to prevent recurrence
- Assist area managers in preparing training plans and ensure areas are correctly resourced, manage First aid/ Fire Marshalls and Safety Champions
- Ensure PPE and other safety equipment available and used correctly
- Manage all site maintenance and facilities matters. Including the management and execution of a site maintenance schedule and day to day running of the biomass boiler (ensuring adherence to agreed budgets, whilst maintaining focus on health and safety requirements and in accordance with HSE)
- Oversee management of company cars, including H&S requirements and maintenance.
- Manage site maintenance budgets in line with AOP limits and propose efficiency and cost saving initiatives as appropriate
- Ensure all site maintenance is carried out with RAMS and permits.
- Ensure Security / Intruder/ Fire systems are fully resourced and maintained.
- To ensure that the training requirements of the Operations Department are met ensuring that all new starters, in the Department, receive induction training relating to Health and Safety and Facilities, prior to commencement of employment
- Motivate staff, encourage teamwork and promote a continuous improvement and quality culture among all members of staff
- Publish Quality and H&S metrics
- Encourage feedback from staff
- Arrange Occ health visits and carry out risk assessments with colleagues where relevant (eg expectant mothers)
- Be the first point of contact for any facilities matters across all departments, managing any subsequent actions as required.
- Site key holder and emergency contact
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Experienced in implementing H&S Systems
- An extensive professional understanding and experience of HSE regulations
- NEBOSH and IOSH trained
- Six Sigma experienced
- Good working knowledge of building maintenance requirements and ability to find effective, compliant and resourceful solutions
- Able to run training classes
- Able to manage change in a busy environment
- Proficient in IT
- Able to contribute in cross functional teams
If you are interested and feel you have the correct skills and experience then please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!