Shift engineer in Caerphilly
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Caerphilly
- Salary: £30000 - £32000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
My well established and fast paced client based in Caerphilly is seeking a shift engineer to join their busy and friendly business on a full time permanent basis.
Within this role your duties will include preventative maintenance on machines and equipment, as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant. Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines. Overhaul and repair of machines, ensuring that all equipment on site is safe to use, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
This role is based on an alternating a week of days, afternoons and nights. Candidates must be flexible as possible call outs maybe required in line with the remit of the post.
In this role the responsibilities include:
* Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices
* Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised.
* Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
* Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking maintenance and repair work and document in full to ensure safe working practice
* Ensure all equipment is safe to use and fit for purpose
* Work with and install single phase / three phase electrical circuits
* Carryout repairs and maintenance to site facilities
* Actively promote safe working practices
* Effective communication - keeping management and relevant parties aware. Seeking advice and assistance when required
* To action and complete time/task sheets on a daily basis in accordance with agreed procedures.
* Any other duty as maybe required commensurate with the post and the skill of the post holder
To be successful in this role you must be a recognized electrical/ mechanical engineer. Ideally be multi skilled with a mechanical bias, experience within the food industry ideally due to the nature of the business. Ideally will have a basic food hygiene certificate although not essential. You will ideally be educated to degree level. BRC experience would be beneficial.
The successful person will have a self motivated nature with enthusiasm and lead by example, you must be professional and a proactive work ethic. Excellent attention to detail, ability to work under pressure. You will ideally have experience within health and safety regulations. Be able to meet demanding key deadlines and targets.
Within this role you will be rewarded with holiday allowance, pension scheme, and a competitive salary of £32k. There is also on site parking.