Manufacturing Manager in Swansea
- Sector: Manufacturing and Production
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
My client based in Swansea is currently looking for a Business manager to join their fast growing, well established business. This leading manufacturer is leading the market with their bespoke products. Over the last 3 years they have been exporting their product to Europe and consequently, the Company is growing fast. To aid this growth and make way for future developments my client is seeking a Manufacturing manager who is able to joint the team and hit the ground running.
looking for a motivated, professional and highly organised Manufacturing Manager to join our team. You will oversee day to day production with a focus of People, Quality, Delivery and Cost. The role will work closely with the Managing Director on a strategic, long term vision for the site and its people.
Within this role your key responsibilities will include the following -
Accountability for ensuring compliance of Company policies and adherence to all Health and Safety procedures
* Maintain robust and effective systems for ensuring extremely high standards of quality
* Manage a team of managers and leaders to ensure customer delivery performance is met weekly, on time and in full, while ensuring effective use of resources to minimise wastage
* Ensure cost improvement opportunities are delivered through implementation of purchasing strategy
* Provide strong leadership and direction, initiating plans and improvement projects which minimise manufacturing costs and improve yield through effective utilisation of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials & capital and control of waste.
* Foster a positive, proactive team working culture through effective communication, delegation and people management. Harness employee involvement in order to capitalise on the collective knowledge and skills of the teams and drive continuous improvement.
* Develop your teams and enhance skills through suitable coaching and in-house/ external training opportunities
To be successful in this role you will have a relevant Engineering or Business degree, be able to manage and communicate with staff at all levels. You will be experienced at senior management level within a manufacturing environment. As this role will be to support the European side of the business any additional languages (French, spanish, dutch, german) would be beneficial but not compulsory.
You must be highly confident, professional and have a hands on approach, you will be experience driving targets and KPIs and performance on the shop floor. For this role you must have a strong business acumen, be analytical and have excellent communication skills.
You will have the opportunity to work for a well established and growing business, the hours of work are 08:00am to 16:30pm Monday to Thursday and 08:00am to 15:30pm Friday. You will receive a highly competitive salary of £45,000 - £50,000 plus benefits. Free Car parking on site
If this sounds like your next exciting opportunity please apply now, send a up to date cv or call office for more information on 01792 477340