ICT Technician - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract in Neath Port Talbot
- Sector: IT
- Location: Neath Port Talbot
- Salary: Up to £29000 per annum
- Type: Contract
A rare and exciting position has arisen with my client based in Port Talbot for a role that is initially a 12 month Fixed Term Contract which is likely to lead to a permanent post. If you are an experienced ICT technician who is looking for a role within a growing an well established company then I'd love to hear from you.
The purpose of the role is assist and support the ICT Manager to improve the existing IT functions and controls of all business areas.
As part of the ICT Technician role you will be responsible for:
* Resolving problems with devices such as PC's, printers, networking and cabling and liaising with the IT manager
* Perform upgrades to existing hardware and software
* Having good problem-solving skills and be able to think logically
* Understanding of networks and wireless network setup and hardware
* Maintaining confidentiality of all data on computers and systems
In order to be a successful ICT Technician you will need:
* Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows on both desktops and servers
* Desktop: Windows 7, 8 and 10. Apple MAC OS
* Server: Windows 2012 and 2016
* Experience with server applications such as Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
* Have a keen interest in computer technology developments with an up-to-date technical knowledge
* Crystal Reports or SQL query training/knowledge
* Previous experience with SharePoint
* Previous experience with VBA and VB.net
* Ability to work on own and under pressure
* Good time management, well organised with the ability to prioritise
You will need to have excellent communication skills and experience in a similar role. Experience in working within the manufacturing industry would also be extremely beneficial.
Starting Salary circa £29,000. Monday - Friday with excellent benefits such as childcare vouchers and onsite parking.
This is an ideal role for anyone who wants an opportunity to be involved in all areas of IT within a manufacturing company, so if you are interested then please do get in touch.