Regulatory Specialist - Export in Swansea
- Sector: Manufacturing and Production
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
My client based in Swansea who are a very successful and expanding company working within the manufacturing industry are seeking a Regulatory Specialist to join them as part of their Export team.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
* Product Registration; creating, completing & coordinating the technical documents needed for our Export markets
* Product Testing; coordinating the testing requirements needed for our Export markets
* Development and approval of export product labels, ensuring all export labels are regulatory compliant supporting both own brand and own label portfolios.
* Ensuring all Export labels are developed using the approved labelling process (working hand in hand with the wider Technical team) and are completed within the specified time frames * Responsible for resolution of all issues related to product registrations & testing plus Label development within our Export department. This includes liaising directly with the distributor regulatory team, ensuring complete understanding of local regulatory needs.
* Develop strong relationships with the commercial and business development team(s) responsible for the Region/ countries of focus, providing visibility of labels and registration dossiers under development, as well as issues which could cause delays, therefore enabling commercial to adequately inform the distributor of progress Partnering with commercial and distributor regulatory teams to find win-win solutions whilst maintaining regulatory compliance in the country/region.
* Develop strong relationships with the distributor regulatory teams for (1) enhanced understanding of country specific regulatory requirements and restrictions (including, but not limited to, permitted ingredient levels and tolerances) and, (2) fast resolution of issues related to label development and in market registrations
* Develop strong knowledge of Region regulatory frameworks, including permitted ingredients and associated restrictions, product labelling, testing requirements, claims and country specific registration requirements
* Support NPD/EPD, providing direction and guidance, including but not limited to: authorized/ nonauthorised ingredients, claim requirements, permitted levels and tolerances
* Provide support to other regulatory issues and projects, as directed by the Technical Director
* Establish role as go-to regulatory expert for countries of responsibility, building a high level of credibility with commercial teams and distributors
* Support Technical and Export to establish & continually improve a process for managing product registrations and notifications
* Be source of regulatory affairs expertise for all Export regulations including but not limited to: formulation, ingredients, claims, testing requirements, labelling
* Work with external regulatory agencies to support ongoing regulatory registrations for certain markets
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
·Excellent communication skills & willingness to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
·In depth knowledge and experience of implementing labelling and health claims regulations as a minimum. Knowledge of other regulatory jurisdictions a distinct advantage
·Passion for cosmetics, health and wellness
·Superior communication and collaboration skills
·Proactive self-starter, able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
·Some experience in a science, cosmetic, nutrition and regulatory affairs field
·Awareness of region regulatory framework as a minimum.
·Fluency in English is essential, other languages an advantage but not essential
·Degree in a related scientific field
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please do get in touch.