Catering Manager in Swansea
- Sector: Hospitality and Catering
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: Up to £9.62 per hour
- Type: Temporary
Work Wales are currently looking for a Catering Manager to join our client in Gorseinon, Swansea.
The Diner is open 363 days per year - closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day only.
Although the main clientele is the biking community, there are also other regular visitors who enjoy the renowned breakfast and daily specials menu.
Hours of work:
Five days over seven. Earliest start time at 7am on a rota. Finish time at 4pm. With the odd customer event which will require additional hours.
The Catering manager will be required to:
- Manage the other chefs and catering assistants
- Take responsibility of the day to day running of the Diner
- Monitor the quality of the food served whilst maintaining the budget and Gross Profit (GP)
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction.
Duties would include:
- Planning menus
- Ordering supplies
- Supervising and motivating the team
- Organising staff rotas
- Observing and recording health and safety regulations
- Keeping to budgets and maintaining financial records
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management
- Good commercial and business acumen
- The ability to think quickly, work under stressful circumstances and stay calm
- Financial budgeting and stock-taking
- Knowledge of food, food hygiene and food preparation
If you are interested in this role and believe you match the criteria above then please apply with your CV or call 01792 477340 and ask to speak with Matthew.