Continuous Improvement Engineer in Llanelli
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Llanelli
- Salary: £16000 - £100000 per annum + Negotiable Depending Upon Experience
- Type: Permanent
My client based in Llanelli are looking for a CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading tier 1 automotive manufacturer.
As a Continuous Improvement Engineer you would be supporting the business and its management team in various aspects of improvement projects, new product introduction, process layout & logistics definition, production standard/target setting, manning and capacity calculations.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:-
* Time Studies - Recording process times accurately and to a good Standard.
* Data Recording - Collating study data, issue standard time to relevant personnel, archive for reference and feed into manning and capacity system.
* Monthly direct & indirect manning and capacity calculations for ongoing monitoring.
* Future & budget manning & capacity Studies.
* Monthly industrial KPI's for group.
* Maintenance of overall site layout, future strategy proposals, H&S or CI updates.
* Internal process moves - Layout planning of enabling moves & installations.
The ideal Continuous Improvement Engineer with have the following experience:-
* Good understanding of Lean philosophies & Tools.
* Capability to take, record accurate time studies & utilise data for manning/capacity evaluations.
* Problem solving ability (Six Sigma/TBP/PPS/8D).
* Ability to lead improvement activities, managing and motivating the projects team to achieve the required outcomes.
* Experience in a similar role- Proven track record within the automotive sector preferably 1st tier.
* Experience in press working & welded assemblies.
*competitive salary and benefits!*
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience then please do get in touch.