Day Centre Cook in Neath Port Talbot
- Sector: Hospitality and Catering
- Location: Neath Port Talbot
- Salary: Up to £8.33 per hour
- Type: Temporary
I am currently recruiting for a Cook to join a busy Day Centre in Port Talbot.
The position is for 30 Hours a week (from 08:00 - 14:00 each day)
Overseeing the kitchen operation, including:
* Setting the weekly menu and ordering the necessary supply of meat, dry goods and vegetables, including checking the quality of items received.
* Estimating expected daily client numbers, preparing and cooking meals, cakes, pastries etc. according to set standards as needed.
* Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner.
* Making adjustments to menus based on client feedback, including accommodating clients with allergies or specific diet needs.
* Ensuring the kitchen and those within it comply with all regulations relating to food hygiene and health and safety.
* Monitoring kitchen routines and practices and client feedback to address difficulties and areas of development in collaboration with the Day Centre Coordinator and Trustees.
* Ensuring kitchen equipment is safe to use, maintained in working order and securely stored when not in use.
* Complying with HACCP regulations.
Supervision of kitchen staff and volunteers, including:
* Allocating tasks to assistants/volunteers
* Ensuring compliance with required standards of hygiene and dress.
* Training new staff and volunteers in cooking methods and methods of work in the kitchen and to play a full part in building good relationships with the staff, volunteers and clients.
Contributing to the smooth running of the Day Centre, including:
* Assisting the Day Centre Coordinator with book-keeping by maintaining all records legibly and promptly in the required format.
* Attending meetings as required and any training with a positive manner.
* Keeping up with appropriate and relevant legislation appertaining to the cook's duties, including understanding any workplace hazards and contribute to a safe environment by complying with safety rules and procedures and not putting themselves or others at risk by their own actions or omissions.
* Cooking in a similar environment to the Day Centre
* Setting menus, monitoring food stocks and ordering supplies
* Food hygiene, prevention and control of infection
* Good Health and Safety practices
* Confidence overseeing a kitchen environment
* An understanding of nutritional requirements for older people
* Supervising people and volunteers from diverse backgrounds
* Cash handling
* Good standard of English and maths
* Food Hygiene Certificate
Please apply today if you feel you are suitable for the role.