Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer in Swansea
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £1000 - £100000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
My client based in Swansea are looking for a multi-skilled engineer to join their team on a 3 shift pattern .
The role will be to work closely with the production team to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
To successfully carry out this role you will need to be multi-skilled with an Electrical bias along with the following:
·You will need to be able to fault find on single and three phase systems, servo motors and AC motors, sensors and various control systems.
·There will be an element of electrical installation as required, typically lighting and small power.
·You will be able to work on drive train systems, rollers, gear boxes, shafts, pneumatics and some hydraulics.
·There is a requirement to be able to strip machine assemblies to component level and rebuild.
·You will also need to have demonstrated experience in maintenance engineering and show the ability to work off your own initiative.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will be required you to:
* Work collaboratively within the Engineering team.
* Support and identify means of improving plant productivity.
* Ensure that all necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available.
* Investigate and establish causes of all breakdowns and machinery speed losses.
* Action any necessary repairs and ensure all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised.
* Be involved in both electrical and mechanical reactive and pro-active maintenance.
* Be proactive in ensuring good health and safety on site.
The shifts are 6-14 ,14-22,22-6. This role offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to join a successful and growing company in Swansea.
if you feel you have the right skills and experience then please do get in touch.