Laboratory Technician in Porthcawl
- Sector: Science and Research
- Location: Porthcawl
- Salary: £1 - £100000 per annum
- Type: Temporary
Laboratory Technician - Temporary position for 3 weeks
Work Wales is a recruitment business recruiting on behalf of a client who is seeking a Laboratory Technician to join their team.
Main job responsibilities to include:
- Working on machinery - DSC Machine (Differential scanning calorimetric). A Laser Diffraction machine. (Training will be provided).
- Any other reasonable duties
- Carry out experiments according to clearly defined safety and environment guidelines.
- Maintain detailed and accurate laboratory record keeping.
- Perform data entry, records management and effective communication of results.
- Implement equipment modifications under the direction of personnel.
- Clean and maintain own equipment and work area.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good analytical background with knowledge of chemicals.
- Previous laboratory experience.
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate or a candidate with relevant qualifications and ideally a proven track record in this field, to gain hands on practical experience in a laboratory environment and to contribute to the team.
Although parts of the job are stand alone, you must also be able to work effectively in a small team.
The hours of work will be Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
To apply for this role, please send your up to date CV using the apply link on this page OR call us on 01792 477340 and ask for Matthew.