Value Stream Engineer in Port Talbot
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Port Talbot
- Salary: Up to £23000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Value Stream Engineer
We are looking for a Value Stream Engineer for a client of ours based in Port Talbot. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am-4:45pm and Friday 8:30am-4:15pm.
We are looking for someone to provide engineering support to the Value Stream Product Range. Working with all members of the Value Stream to ensure products meet consumers needs and expectations. Be responsible for delivering improvements to the engineering process to simplify risks that may arise during their execution. Determine and set the Value Stream Product menus and ensure that it is consistently delivered to the cost, lead-time and quality specified.
- Responsible for defining clearly the product menu and associated data sheets
- Provide engineering support to value stream product range
- Defining key parameters of products, E.g, bill of materials, lead time, key applications and regulation appliance.
- Use of the "BuyDesign" configurator and SQL database tools to modify and update the configurator product in line with the product "menus"
- Ensure strict adherence to item creation procedure
- Responsible for PFEP settings of new items, particularly safety stock, re-order points, min/max, vendor contracts, operations.
- Produce calculations, customer and manufacturing drawings.
- Management of any project documentation in line with customer requirement/agreement. For example ITP, QCP and Project plan.
- Embrace 2 second Lean principles and daily 3S as part of company's culture