Planner in Port Talbot
- Sector: Electronics
- Location: Port Talbot
- Salary: £20000 - £21000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Work Wales is recruiting a Planner for one of our most successful clients, a leading presence in their industry.
The main purpose is the achievement of customer requested lead-times through the co-ordination of all operational activities involved in the value stream. The objective is to maintain smooth flow of production from order receipt, through manufacture to warehouse in order to meet delivery promise / request dates.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To update, monitor and effectively communicate the 'Macro Plans' for all the value streams (M/C Shop, value streams and suppliers). Working closely with Team Leaders daily and reporting information in meetings.
- Print jobs and load the Heijunka planning system with sufficient jobs (kits) to meet the daily output requirements (hours per day) planned in the 'Macro Plan'.
- Progress chase the value streams / inspection steps and highlight and assist in eliminating any delays to the customer service teams.
- Chase supply chain for confirmed delivery dates to meet customer end date requirements.
- Create jobs in line with schedules, to fulfil order requirement and stock levels.
- Maintain a 'World Class' environment in your area through effective 3S and Lean initiatives. Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation is followed within the team and to follow safe working practices.
- Data entry and planning skills to schedule required.
- Experience of ERP / MRP systems.
- Must be able to work well with Team Leaders and Managers developing a positive team environment
- Problem solving skill
- Computer literate and familiar with order processing and Microsoft packages.
- Experience of planning systems desirable.
- Engineering qualifications desirable.
Work Wales is a Welsh recruitment agency based in Swansea. We specialise in temporary or permanent recruitment, in numerous industries from production to managerial; with unparalleled dedication to both candidates and clients, we are passionately committed to becoming the most successful Welsh recruitment agency