National Programme Manager in Cardiff
- Sector: Public Sector and Government
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £65000 - £75000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Work Wales is delighted to work with one of our most reputable companies within their respective industry to recruit a National Growth Programme Manager to manage a 20 million flagship business support service across Wales.
To be responsible for the overall accountability and programme management of the finances, timings, quality and outcomes for AGP. This will involve effective liaison with other members of the extended team including, Strategic Partners, Growth Coaches, Stakeholders, and Administration Team. The Programme Manager will take full responsibility to drive performance of the work, outcomes and budgets and report this progress to the Programme Director and Advisory Panel.
Key tasks will include:
- Develop and programme the implementation of works identified in the co-ordination of all aspects of the Project Plan and associated documents and have responsibility for daily operational team.
- Lead, motivate, co-ordinate and manage team members
- Control and management of AGP budgets to ensure the programme delivers against its financial targets and future budget profile.
- Control and management of the delivery models to ensure the programmes deliver against the output targets to quality and on time.
- Attend and report against Programme Key Performance Indicators and Progress Reports at monthly Project Meetings.
- Management of standard forms and management and development of and CRM the IT/digital systems especially those relating to project management
- Marketing & content plans for project
- Management of participating company and coach on-boarding Processes.
- Quality assurance and continuous improvement
- To have budget responsibility for up to £3 million per annum with shared or individual accountable for spending decisions.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of this post as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skill sets:
- Leadership and management of internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive and proven programme management skills particularly the ability to co-ordinate a broad team to meet their personal targets, achieve contractual obligations on time, to quality requirements and within budget. This requires a portfolio of skills including: Planning, budgetary management and forecasting, Optimise the "whole" not just the "parts"
- Significant experience of dealing with Government and European funding bodies in the delivery of large complex projects
- Good working knowledge of project management technology platforms including Excel skills (e.g. Macros, functions, formulas, pivot tables, etc)
- CRM systems and work flow management.
- Ideally an appropriate degree, business qualification or project management qualification (e.g. APM, PRINCE) with appropriate contract management experience
- Experience (possibly qualified) in using project management tools and techniques (GANTT, CPA, RPT).
- Negotiating/influencing at senior level in both a private and public sector context