Reliability Engineer in Cardiff
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: Negotiable
- Type: Permanent
Vacancy - Reliability Engineer
Due to continued business expansion we have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Reliability Engineer. With over 40 years operational experience. Consultant Engineer provides a high level technical support services to clients worldwide in the including but not limited to the following key areas: -
- Vibration Analysis - Rotating plant and structural vibration analysis including envelope, demodulation and stresswave data analysis
- Thermal Imaging - Electrical and Mechanical application for ongoing Condition Monitoring programmes, machinery investigations, energy loss surveys etc.
- Noise Surveys - In line with necessary guidelines providing support to clients
- Oil Analysis - Using the in-house ISO accredited oil laboratory the Consultant will have responsibility for the collection of oil samples from critical assets liaising with the laboratory and the client to utilise this data to give the necessary asset condition information
- Technical Training - As an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) Consultants have the responsibility to deliver training in all aspects of Condition Based Maintenance technology application in line with company and industry standards.
- Reliability Consultancy - Working clients to develop solution to aid in reliability improvements and maintenance strategy developments using industry techniques e.g. RCM, TPM etc.
- Home based working setup with requirements for periodic visits office locations in UK
- Worldwide service provision on customer sites
- Majority lone working with team working as governed by client requirements
- Collect and analyse all available CBM technology data in-line with the required standards
- Produce clear, concise and accurate written reports within existing reporting formats combining information from all available CBM technologies to provide the best indication of asset condition
- Review database content and highlight areas for improvement e.g. names, points, analysis parameter sets, additional data collection points to improve fault detection, bearing and gear information etc.
- Liaise with the customer on any urgent faults or where additional information or testing is required
- Provision of face to face, telephone and email technical and training support to piers and clients
- Recognise business opportunities for additional products or service e.g. laser alignment services, fan balancing services, additional testing to aid fault confirmation etc.
- A clear communicator who has the drive, commitment and passion to continuously improve the quality of service
- Prepared to work across the globe as per business and client requirements
- ble to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat PDF writer
- Experienced in the use of CBM hardware and software from: - Emerson,Pruftechnik,SPM,SKF,Fluke,Flir,UE Systems and SDT
- Experience of presentation material development delivery, train the trainer etc.
Qualifications & Prerequisites:
- Mechanical or Electrical Industry recognised qualification
- Recognised and accredited Vibration Analysis qualification desirable but not essential as a longer term training plan will be developed
- Recognised and accredited Thermal Imaging qualification desirable but not essential as a longer term training plan will be developed
- No restrictions to work in the UK or abroad
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Preferable UK residency