Field Service Engineer in Porthcawl
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Porthcawl
- Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
As a Field Engineer you will be part of the Customer Support team responsible to the Service Manager for providing complete technical services and support to customers.
The function of the Field Engineer is to travel at a moment's notice to customer's facilities to resolve technical issues in a timely fashion.
The Field Engineer installs, commissions, troubleshoots, maintains and provides operator and maintainer training on an extensive variety of Airfield Ground Support Equipment.
- Commissioning Airfield Ground Support Equipment at customer sites.
- Training customers in the operation, maintenance and safety aspects of the equipment.
- Inspecting, servicing, fault diagnosis and repair of equipment at customer sites.
- Documenting work carried out and maintaining administrative paperwork.
- Provide remote technical assistance to customers by telephone or email from UK office where possible.
- Identifying and repairing product failures, ordering and replacing parts as needed.
- Carry out trends analysis following identification of fault to ensure all existing and future products are correctly rectified.
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements at all times to ensure work is carried out in a Safe manner.
- Security Clearance to CRB level.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Time served apprentice in a ground support equipment engineering discipline.
- Multi-skilled with an electrical bias to balance the departments current skills.
- Experience working with, programming, performing modifications and fault finding on PLC controlled systems.
- Proven ability to fault diagnose and repair the following complex systems:
- Electrical Systems both AC and DC.
- Hydraulic Systems - control, lifting and transmissions.
- Automotive Systems including drive systems.
- Minimum 4-6 years ground equipment engineering experience ideally within the airfield environment.
- Be able to travel for extended periods worldwide.
- Have strong communication skills, written and spoken.
- Capable of working within a team or autonomously as required.
- An outgoing personality - this role will be customer facing.
- Fork lift truck license
- Access Platform License
- Welding Experience
- Knowledge of Airfield working Practices
- Knowledge of Working at Height Practices and Inspections
- IOSH level 2 - Working Safely