Home Manager in Swansea
- Sector: Medical and Nursing
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
My client, a nursing home based on the outskirts of Swansea are currently seeking a qualified and experienced manager to run the home and meet it's aims and objectives.
This is a busy and varied role, a brief outline of which is detailed below.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrating the home's capacity to meet needs of all individuals admitted.
- Dealing with prospective service users including marketing, establishing and maintaining good relationships, responding to enquiries and converting them into admissions.
- Dealing with complaints and ensuring complaints procedures are followed.
- Ensuring staffing levels are adequate and rosters are made available in advance.
- Ensuring care plans are completed.
- Maintaining and ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring service users are safeguarded
- Quality assurance and auditing
- Monitoring financial procedures and controlling expenditure
- Recruitment, staff inductions, training, development, 1:1's and appraisals.
Within this role you will be expected to cover nursing hours by working as the nurse in charge when the need may arise due to sickness/holidays etc. so it is essential you are a first level Registered Nurse.
It is the role of the care manager to communicate a clear sense of direction and show excellent leadership.
If you are interested and would like to discuss this role further then please don't hesitate to get in touch.