Sous Chef in Swansea
- Sector: Hospitality and Catering
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: depending on experience
- Type: Permanent
Sous Chef- Permanent position / Temporary position
The right Sous Chef makes sure that the Kitchen is a Well-Oiled Machine, reporting to the Head Chef, Preparing Food, Managing the Kitchen staff to make sure the food is prepared quickly and as delicious as possible. Enforcing Food Safety Standards are adhered too. We are looking for someone who will have the Patience, Personality and Perseverance to thrive in this role.
If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we'd like to meet you.
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant's policy and vision
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works like a "well-oiled machinery"
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location's standards, as well as to clients' requirements
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish's aspect and its taste;
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Developing a cross-marketing strategy in order to increase profit, such as pairing drinks with the food served
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door
- Communicate effectively with staff
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients
- Proven work experience as a Sous Chef
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
Hours: Full time
Pay rate: negotiable, depending on experience
If you feel you demonstrate the above and wish to be considered for the role, please apply using the Apply button on this advert and we will contact you to discuss the role further.