Kitchen Assistant / Kitchen Porter in Swansea
- Sector: Hospitality and Catering
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £7.05 - £8.00 per hour + depending on age & experience
- Type: Permanent
Kitchen Porter / Kitchen Assistant- Permanent position / Temporary position
The right Kitchen porter/Kitchen assistant helps to keep a kitchen running smoothly by making sure everything is Clean, Tidy and Hygienic. We are looking for someone who will have the Patience, Personality and Perseverance to thrive in these roles.
If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we'd like to meet you.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
- Communicate effectively with staff
- Provide Porter support with deliveries
- Accept training to enable safe completion of duties
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Porter/Assistant
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
Hours: Various shifts available, both part time and full time hours (e.g. 12pm - 3pm, 6pm - 9pm, 6pm - 12:30am etc.)
Pay rate: £7.05 - £8ph - wage starting from minimum, but can increase for right individual.
If you feel you demonstrate the above and wish to be considered for the role, please apply using the Apply button on this advert and we will contact you to discuss the role further.