Office Manager in Neath
- Sector: Health and Safety
- Location: Neath
- Salary: £20000 - £22000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Work Wales has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Office Manager to join our client's progressive and expanding organisation. You will be responsible for day to day management of the company and general office procedures to ensure processes and duties in the organisation flow efficiently; safeguarding the customer's experience.
Maintain the company services by organising all operations, logistics, staff and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing systems; reviewing and updating same to meet changing demands.
Personnel management; policies, sickness absence, disciplinary, annual leave
Research into, and delivery off, legislative or trade obligations such as GDPR
Maintains building(s) security and safe workplace.
Responsible for applying all H & S policies.
Salary - £20-22k Based on experience
Key skills required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office/Outlook software. (Training in HWS back office/accounts system (Axis) to be provided)
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Office management with the ability to delegate efficiently
- Disciplinary procedures and policy implementation
- Facilities and resource management
- Administrative processes
- Diary Management
- Writing correspondence
- Performance Management
- Conflict resolution
- Commercial awareness
- To be the main point of contact for queries and issues including complaints, performance concerns and finance matters to ensure customer delight.
- Set up efficient office systems to track work that has been delegated on the Managing Directors behalf, has been completed.
- Building team competencies through training programs, knowledge sharing and team meetings for a resilient workforce.
- Keeping the Managing Director briefed on important matters from information entering the office via email, telephone and post or personnel issues.
- To clearly demonstrate the ability to be flexible and work unsupervised.
- The post will include the day-to-day supervision and line management of the staff working within the Sales, Accounts and Logistics departments and assist with recruitment and retention.
- To ensure the maintenance of up to date files for all personnel within the department, to include new employee file/induction notes, records of annual sickness and other leave and records of training undertaken.
- Complete return to work initial interview and arrange interim support adjustments (if required), consulting with Managing Director as appropriate
Other Duties - some to be delegated at appropriate times
- Approving new customer accounts following credit control checks
- Approving customer quotations and discounts
- Approving purchase orders ensuring sound resourcing
- Holder of Company credit card
- Oversee processing of sales orders and returns
- Overall responsibility for timely monitoring/actioning of company generic inboxes such as Sales & Supplies
- Monitor service calls, costing customer repairs. Observing on trends
- Follow up product trials to conclusion
- Progressing of all assessment reports (Students & Corporate) and provide analytic data
- Monitoring of Sales & Purchase dashboards to anticipate workflow
- Producing weekly Sales and Invoice reports
- AXIS software Administration (training provided):
- HWS vMerchant Website
- Routine maintenance
- Building security and reporting maintenance concerns
- Primary key holder - Responsible for staff access, instruction on security and general cleanliness of the facilities
- Managing/approving annual leave diary to ensure adequate staff levels.
- Ensuring resources are available on the Intranet
- Process reviews and development
- IT resource planning, troubleshooting and escalations with: GLTS and AXIS
- Dealing with customer complaints and escalate where necessary
To apply for this role, please send your up to date CV using the apply link on this page. We will then be able to follow this up with a phone call to suitable applicants.