QUALITY ENGINEER in Bridgend
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Bridgend
- Salary: £29000 - £30000 per annum + Negotiable
- Type: Permanent
Work Wales is seeking to recruit a Quality Engineer to join one of our most successful clients.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Managing the QMS including auditing and process control according to ISO 9001: 2015
- Inspection and measurement of items at Goods Inwards, during production, and final inspection
- Ensuring measuring instruments are calibrated and used correctly
- Investigating, reporting and resolving customer complaints
- Communicating with customers and suppliers to resolve issues in a timely manner
- To work with and oversee all employees within their direct supervision
- Ensuring incoming goods conform to specification.
- Communication with all other departments.
- Carrying out any other duties as instructed by the Quality Manager or any other member of the Company Management.
- Ensuring the correct flow of paperwork for activities within the control of the QA department.
- Carrying out housekeeping tasks within their areas, paying due care and attention to current Health & Safety at Work practices and management of QA personnel.
- QMS Administration
- Audit of Conformity of Production (COP)
- Use of measurement equipment and Calibration of instruments
- Management & Supervision of the QA department
- Inspection of Incoming Products
- Supporting the Quality Manager in Quality investigations
- Ensuring correct flow of paperwork
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Engineering apprenticeship
- HNC or equivalent Quality qualifications
- QMS Auditing
- At least 5 years' working in a QA environment
- Knowledge of computer stock control systems
- Management practices. For example PPAP, APQP, 8D
- ISO 9001:2015
Work Wales is a Welsh recruitment agency based in Swansea. We specialise in temporary or permanent recruitment, in numerous industries from production to managerial; with unparalleled dedication to both candidates and clients, we are passionately committed to becoming the most successful Welsh recruitment agency.