Toolmaker in Swansea
- Sector: Manufacturing and Production
- Location: Swansea
- Salary: £8.63 per hour
- Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for an experienced toolmaker. The applicant must have a working knowledge of metal punching tools and the ability to sharpen, care for and maintain these punch and forming tools.
Whilst most of the duties would be toolmaking a flexible approach to work is also required.
Key skills include grinding, milling, turning and accurate measurement capabilities. Ideally fully time served and indentured the applicant will have experience of working in a production tool room.
- Days based (Flexible start and finish). 37.5 hrs a week Monday to Friday.
- Sharpen, repair and maintain our range of tooling.
- Undertake continual review of the tooling register to ensure a safe and efficient tooling range.
- Carry out duties allocated by the company as required.
- Carry out improvement activities on machines to improve safety and efficiency.
- Be able to support Apprentices with their study and development.
- Undertake any duties they are trained, safely and legally able to carry out as requested by the company.