Cold Forging Engineer in Pembroke
- Sector: Engineering
- Location: Pembroke
- Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Work Wales is has an immediate position with one of our clients in the Pembroke area looking for an experienced Cold Forging Design Engineer with a proven track record. The Cold Forging Design Engineer is responsible for the development of cold forging tools used within the plant.
Responsibilities includes updating or redesigning existing dies and tooling for improved performance and completing new designs for dies and tooling for future projects as identified by the Engineering Design Manager or General Plant Manager. The Cold Forging Design Engineer will also detail dies, machining, processing, and inspecting fixtures per the parts production requirements and will work closely with Production and Engineering staff to define production needs as well as design future cold forging products. The successful candidate must also collaborate closely with tool, die and quality control departments in troubleshooting, forging die preparation and production of the forging for product quality and integrity.
The Cold Forging Design Engineer will be responsible for;
- orderly development of correct forging tooling and processes for all products assigned at the facility.
- investigating, procuring, and implementing State of the Art computer technology to enable the effective development of manufacturing processes for both existing products and never before forged products. -
- develop, design, and troubleshoot dies and forge processes of near net, net and precision forging; assist in the selection of forge processes and equipment; manage and maintain departmental document control. -
- assist in the identification and coordination of new forging products; analyze and evaluate customer quote requests and determine feasibility of production from forge concept to machining/forging to finished part per customer requirements. -
- oversee the design and participate closely in the research and development of new forging; interact with internal staff and external customers to resolve product issues. -
- Develop sources and provide budgetary costs for forge tooling; establish and maintain development schedules.
- Utilize 2D and 3D Cad software to develop prints and models for manufacture of product, tooling, train and assist in the use of advanced computer systems and computer software packages.
- Provide technical support for Tool & Die, Maintenance, Quality, and recommend improvements for the manufacturing process to improve efficiencies, quality, and safety.
- Provide leadership and supervision on work assignments, training and development of the Design Engineer's direct reports.
- Support plant policies, goals, standards, values and strategic planning; responsible for adhering to the Environmental Policy as well as supporting the procedures and work instructions maintained within the Environmental Management System.
- QUALIFICATIONS: - B.S. degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent in related work experience plus five years of cold forge die design work experience, strong organizational and communication skills, and prior leadership responsibility. Also required is technical training in the design of cold forging and tooling either through direct experience, technical knowledge of forge press design and operation, and machining setup and operations. Knowledge of forging equipment and related secondary machines, knowledge of strength of materials as related to cold forging, the process and tooling are also critical to the position. Experience in Autodesk 3D Inventor is desirable although not essential as training can be given
If your interested in this job role please call us on 01792477340