Quality Manager in Pembroke
- Sector: Automotive
- Location: Pembroke
- Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Work Wales are looking to recruit a Quality Manager in the Pembroke area.
As the Quality Manager, you will be expected to provide clear leadership to the quality department in relation to the organizations policies and practices and ensure the integrity of the Quality Management System.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Quality Manager will play a key strategic role in ensuring that customer expectations as well as various statutory and regulatory requirements are met. More specifically you will have responsibility for;
- Implementation of all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System and ensure compliance
- Manage Supplier Quality for the Business.
- Supplier Development from a technical and quality perspective to ensure compliance with Quality Systems and product performance expectations. Includes raw material suppliers and parts suppliers.
- On-site Quality Audits and Supplier Assessments.
- Ensure supplier adherence to APQP procedure.
- PPAP initiation, guidance & review as required.
- Coordinate problem Resolution and Corrective Action Processes.
- Assist in negotiation of claim settlements.
- Reviewing and determining part failures in accordance with steel defects, heat treat anomalies.
- Use technical expertise to analyse and critique internal and external processes to recommend improvement, to resolve a problem, and/or confirm acceptance of current process
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Quality activities
- Work proactively with all Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Employees, to maintain a programme of continual improvement within their areas of responsibility
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have excellent leadership and man-management skills and experience in managing . Significant experience in a similar high volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive would be advantageous. A relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec or equivalent NVQ. In addition ISO 9001 Lead Auditor and TS16949 experience is required.
If your interested in this job role please give us a call on 01792477340.