Test and Inspection and Process Engineer in Aberdare
- Sector: Electronics
- Location: Aberdare
- Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum
- Type: Permanent
Work Wales is recruiting for a Test /Inspection/ Process Engineer for one of our most successful clients, a leading presence in their industry.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all test procedures and solutions are operating in accordance with production, quality and health and safety procedures.
Creating product information files and bills of materials on an internal database (sage) Implementation of lean processes and procedures
- Efficiently manage equipment use in order to reduce operational cost and downtime
- Development of inspection diagnostics and testing methods for production for deployment for use within the department and the production shop floor
- Providing 1st line support to inspectors and technicians in inspection, fault finding, diagnosis, and test where time constraints are critical
- Ensuring Inspectors and Test Engineers are trained in test and inspection operating procedures and equipment prior and during their activities
- Management of the calibration and or maintenance schedules in accordance with the company ISO requirements order to ensure full compliance to standards
- Producing jigs, tools and equipment for Test and Inspection and test and inspection infrastructure planning and maintenance
- Driving preventative and corrective actions are carried out in order to mitigate the occurrence of Customer QFRs, improving quality and ensuring the inspection and test processes and Standard Operating Procedures are evident and available for use by the department
- Working with Production Supervisor and Buyer in order to implement and control timely NPI builds and new levels of testing into the business
- Driving weekly Customer output and co-ordination with Production in order to facilitate Customer deliveries
- Identification of Test and Inspection workforce training needs
- Driving and continuously improving standards of workmanship and monitoring of quality control initiatives and pro-active management of 5S standards for cleanliness, ensuring compliance to Health and Safety standards
- Demonstrating personal leadership attributes and encouraging Inspectors and Test Engineers professional behaviour in line with the companies HR policies
- Statistical analysis and trend analysis of quality issues
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in working in the manufacturing environment or Electronic engineering.
- Collation and presentation of data.
- Good written and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of new product introduction
- Previous experience in developing manufacturing and production processes
- Knowledge and success in implementing change and continues improvement
- Proficient PC user with skills in MS Office applications
Work Wales is a Welsh recruitment agency based in Swansea. We specialise in temporary or permanent recruitment, in numerous industries from production to managerial; with unparalleled dedication to both candidates and clients, we are passionately committed to becoming the most successful Welsh recruitment agency